At Newton Drive Family Dentistry, we believe that being at the forefront of dental technology helps us to provide the best possible care to our patients. We accomplish this in several specific ways, such as by adopting the following technology:
Less Anxiety & Less Pain with Gentle Touch
- Single Tooth Anesthesia (STA), a computer-assisted system for local anesthesia to minimize discomfort during the injection.
- Nitrous oxide gas & Oral Sedation, a safe and comfortable way to help you relax so that you can enjoy your dental experience.
Delivering Clean Healthy Air & Water
Your health is our top priority, and we want to make sure you’re exposed to only immaculate air & water at Newton Drive Family Dentistry.
- Medical graded HEPA filtered air purifiers in each operatory with Plasma air scrubbing units throughout the office.
- Intraoral and Extraoral suction systems that effectively and efficiently remove aerosols generated during procedures to protect you.
- Dental Pure water system that removes virtually all contaminants. As a result, the water used in our office is “sterile” and protected to prevent cross-contamination.
Oral Cancer Screening with Goccles
According to the Oral Cancer Foundation, more than 43,000 people will be diagnosed with some type of oral cancer this year. (source:https://oralcancerfoundation.org/facts/ )having an oral cancer screening at each 6 month or annual examination can help reduce the impact of this statistic. Screening with the Goccles helps catch oral cancer problems before they become more serious.
Why You Should Have Your Dentist Screen for Oral Cancer?
- See precancerous cells or abnormal lesions at their earliest stages.
- Cost-effectively provide patients with the best oral cancer detection technologies available
- Save lives and improve quality of life
Once a lesion or suspicious area is detected, a sample is obtained using a painless brush technique. The sample is sent to an oral pathologist who determines if further investigation is necessary. If oral cancer or any type of cancer runs in your family, or you just want the peace of mind a clear oral pathology exam can bring, call Dental Solutions, Inc.
SillHa Oral Wellness System, a breakthrough approach to salivary screening, oral care and overall wellness.
Learn more from saliva: Be proactive, but not reactive to the oral disease! With a small saliva sample, learn if there is an increased risk for you to develop caries and periodontal disease. Using dual reflectance method, SillHa measures the reactivity on the test strip from the saliva sample, and results can provide information that we cannot see – activity of bacteria, acidity and presence of inflammatory markers which may indicate an increased risk for caries and gum disease.
Digital Occlusion Analysis
Occlusense provides the level and timing of force on individual teeth – which is much more accurate than guessing how much force is placed on marks made by articulating paper. No longer do we have to rely on how things “feel” in your mouth because the amount of pressure produced on individual teeth can be quantified.
Why is the bite (occlusion) so important? Malocclusion can lead to issues like bruxism, gum recession, damaged restorations, and TMJ issues.
OccluSense does something traditional articulating paper can’t do.
- Precise diagnosis
- Increased quality care
- Reduced risk of implant failures, fractured teeth, unstable dentures, ineffective splints, and porcelain fractures
The Lightwalker, a dual wavelength laser, for “Speed & Precision”
- Fast, Effective and Minimally Invasive Treatments
- Improved outcomes with decreased discomfort, faster healing & less post-operative pain
Patient Care Features
At our office, we provide rapid, environmental friendly, non-invasive diagnostic tools, including:
- Digital X-rays
- Intraoral Camera
- Intraoral Scanner
- CT Scanner/Cone Beam Technology
The above are just a few of the ways that we work to keep both you and our planet safe through green dentistry with the latest technology. Of course, even the most advanced technology is no substitute for training, experience, and genuine care. You will always find a team dedicated to providing you with compassionate, quality dentistry at Newton Drive Family Dentistry. After all, you are always our first priority!